Saturday 22 January 2011

Fim 8 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' IMDB No. 9

Medication Time


1975 multi Oscar winning film adapted from the novel by Ken Kersey.
Jack Nicholson plays McMurphy who convinces the prison guards he's crazy and gets sent to a hospital ward to evade prison, he fits in well with the other inmates, playing cards for smokes.1 cigarette is a dime Danny DeVito's character keeps breaking them in half to bet a nickel. Brilliant acting and story line, McMurphy just keeps pressing all the right buttons to annoy the ward sister Nurse Ratched.
As good today as it was then.
I had forgotten the ending it's a lot sadder than I remember.
8/10

2 comments:

  1. I still need to watch this. God knows why I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great film.
    Book is good too. McMurphy is a redhead in the book - I pictured Gene Hackman playing him, and that would have been so wrong.

    ReplyDelete