Saturday 8 January 2011

Film 2 'All About Eve' IMDB No.82

This has been on the recorder for ages, I now need the space to make room for all the other films I need to watch. Can't find an official trailer but this gives you a flavour.


Lots and lots of smoking and a fair bit of drinking in 1950. Apparently this film is part of American folklore, I can see why. Set in New York's theatre world it seems you can't trust many people even, it turns out, the nice ones. This must be the blueprint for how the Hollywood film industry works.
Bette Davis is great. 6.5/10

3 comments:

  1. This was one of the films I kept putting off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try and get all the black and white ones out of the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the Simpsons version, All About Lisa.

    ReplyDelete