Tuesday 6 December 2011

Film 95 "Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope" IMDB No. 14

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?


1977 George Lucas
The story starts at episode 4, I don't think I knew that when I was 10.
Luke Skywalker is a young man yet to discover his destiny, to fight with the Rebel force against the Empire trying to rule the universe. A swashbuckling space adventure with strange creatures and aliens and spaceships and lasers and strange powers like magic and, of course, light sabers. A sword made of light, that in the 70's make every boy put down his cowboy 6 shooter and run around the playground going 'vvooooommmm'.
I collected the cards that came out, and remeber swapping them in the playground and having far too many c3po's and not enough Darth Vaders. Watching it again the scenes remind me of each of the cards.
The only film I ever queued round the block to see, I think it was with Jon Foster and his mum.
Good to see it again.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment