Saturday 31 December 2011

Film 100 "The Godfather Part II" IMDB No. 3

I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies.


1974 Francis Ford Coppola
The epic saga continues as we see the Corleone family move into Cuba and Nevada during the 50's under the leadership of Micheal Corleone. We also get to see the early years of Vito Corleone in Sicily in the early 1900's to New York in the 1920's.
More bloodshed and betrayal as the business expands and the family implodes.
It's long, over 3 hours, but it doesn't seem it when watching the plot unfold.
It's just as good as the first one, with the noted absence of any sauce recipes but there is a disappearing cake that looks like it came from a Tom & Jerry cartoon. Al Pacino grows into the aging Micheal and Robert De Niro as the young Vito is worthy of his Acedemy Award for best supporting actor.
9/10

That's it. I have watched and blogged the IMDB Top 100 films.
The list was taken from 1st January 2011.
I have a new challenge for 2012, to watch the top 100 British movies, I will post the list soon.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment