Wednesday 12 October 2011

Film 83 "Up" IMDB No. 94

Whoa, that's gonna be like a billion transfers to get back to my house...


2009 Pete Docter, Bob Peterson
Animated adventure from the Pixar studios. First we see the you Carl Fredrickson in awe of the famous adventurer Charles Muntz, we then have a quick run through of his life until his wife dies, the main part of the film starts here as he is trying to stay in his house despite the efforts of developers to evict him and send him to a retirement home. Being a balloon seller, the obvious solution is to fly himself and the whole house to Paradise Falls using thousands of balloons, inadvertently taking a young scout along for the ride.
Great production and animation, like most Disney films full to the brim with moral messages that the kids won't get but the parents can nod approvingly at and the occasional funny line. The best is "Squirrel!"

It's a kids film

6/10


On the positive side I am getting close to the end of this challenge, I can see the finishing line. So I'm going to now work up from the bottom of the list and save the top of the list for last, although I think I want to save 'It's a Wonderful Life' as the last film to watch at christmas. I sort of watched it in New York christmas 1997 in a dive hotel room after finding out we were going to be having a baby, it had adverts every ten minutes and the film lasted all day. I can't remember a thing about it, it'll be interesting to see if any of it comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment