Friday 30 September 2011

Film 76 "Lawrence Of Arabia" IMDB No. 49

I say, Lawrence. You are a clown!


1962 David Lean
Thomas Edward Lawrence is a young man serving in North Africa in 1916, he is asked to gather intelligence on the Arab tribes, initially for 6 weeks, he stays with them for two years and leads them on desert raids against the Turks, eventually leading them on a journey across the desert to capture a key Turkish stronghold.
Full of big scenes and big acting. Oh and it is a long one, I had the directors cut at 228 minutes on 2 discs with a 5 minute black screen at the begining of each half while an Overture plays. My telly doesn't like this, because nothing is on the screen it thinks it can turn itself off, my fault for installing an intelligent power bar.
Never seen it before, I might revisit it one day, but for now I'll keep onward and tick it off.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment