Tuesday 17 May 2011

Film 36 "Aliens" IMDB No. 61

Not bad for a human


1986 James Cameron
Follow up to the original 1979 Alien, finds Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) being rescued from her drifting spacecraft some 50 odd years  after she escaped the alien lifeform. Surely she wouldn't go back knowing what she has been through, but go back she does and it all happens again.
I wasn't too woried about watching these in order, because I thought I'd remember the first one, it's a classic. What I didn't realise was it was about 30 years ago I watched Alien and don't recall watching Aliens at all, so it was all like watching a new film. I reckon the CGI and special effects hold up even by todays standards, the scenes and backdrops are awesome, the acting, in some parts, is very 80's.
Not too scary, but it is very tense.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment