Wednesday 23 November 2011

Film 90 "The Matrix" IMDB No. 25

I know kung fu.


1999 Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
Computer programmer by day, hacker by night, Thomas A Anderson has a decision to make when the authorities catch up with him, but they are not the only ones who have been followng his activities.
It turns out that the 'real world' isn't real and is a computer program called the Matrix. Well at least I think that is what this is about.
Neo as he is known is 'the one' who will change/save everything/everyone.
I had avoided this film for years, someone even lent me the VHS about 8 years ago and it's still on the shelf unwatched, I did eventually circum last year and watched it with the kids, they loved it. I have now seen it twice and maybe it grows on you, it seems quite dated now, some of the CGI tricks have been copied and improved so many times.
For some this is a classic, for me, it's ok. I just can't take Keano seriously because Bill and Ted keep coming to mind. Awesome!
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment