Wednesday 29 June 2011

Film 44 "The Green Mile" IMDB No. 85

I'm smellin' me some cornbread.


1999 Frank Darabont
Another one I had no idea what to expect, I paid no attention when it came out and haven't thought to watch it since, I have always tried to stay clear of Hollywood 'blockbusters' especially ones with Tom Hanks in. I was quite surprised the film carried me along without offending me too much.
It is set in the death row wing of a penatentiary in the 1930s and follows the events that happen when a giant man called John Cofy 'like the drink only spelt different' arrives on the wing to face the death penalty. We soon work out that he has a gift of healing and didn't comit the crime he is accused of.
I'm glad I've seen it, but I won't be setting the recorder if it's on telly. Too much Hanks and God and Miracles.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment